Friday 26 July 2013

Meet Penny the Skateboard

What is really edgy, boyish and unlike me... in my eyes - SKATEBOARDING!!


But I made a pact to immerse myself into the American culture whilst I'm here. And what better way to explore this buzzing country than on 4 pastel pink wheels?!

I have been threatening this for a while (much to E's dislike) but I finally manned up and strode confidently into a skate shop. Safe to say this façade was quickly shattered as I wobbled, swayed and eventually tumbled onto the shop floor from my new wheels. Ouchhh
But for me, giving up is never an option. And with many concerning comments from the shop keeper I very slowly rolled out of his shop.


 
  
Needless to say I have been practising hard! But it's still very shaky!


Whoaaa steady!


So far I've had one massive wipe-out and plenty of funny looks. Especially when Penny shoots across the road with me left on the sidewalk. Many apologies later and I can just about ride to and from work without too much mishap!! (touch-wood)







The reason why I chose this bad boy is because it is so CUTE!! Its called a Penny Skateboard and they are really small and easy to carry around. They also come in loads of different colours! I picked a girly colour because I'm not sure I can pull off the completely edgy look quite yet!

 
Bad-ass don't you think?!
Now I have NO excuse to be late to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment